Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Belated Mommy's day to all you moms and single dads!

I had a good day! Gifts and cards made for me by my children. Hubz made dinner, and I did another version of my beloved "galaxy nails"! There are so many different combinations you can use to make galaxy or "nebula" nails. Yesterday I went with purple/pink/blue for the colors.
For my base color I used  Sally Hansen  SALON nail lacquer   "Navy Baby"
For the base of the nebula, China Glaze Pelican Gray
On the outside of the nebula for a starry effect I used Sally Hansen's Xtreme wear Deep Blue Sea
For the highlighted/center of the nebula I used L.A. Colors Shocker
Then for high lights and pigment I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Grape Going! and NYC Purple Pizzazz Frost.
I used Sally Hansen Xtreme wear Twinkle, Twinkle. And for even more "stars" I used China Glaze's Fairy Dust.
Topped it off with Northern Lights silver top coat. For good measure I also added Sinful Colors quick dry.
With all the colors, the only complaint I have ever had with galaxy nails is sometimes they take a while to dry completely. Forgive the pic quality. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment