Thursday, January 24, 2013

Melmers & a huge bottle of Seche!

As some of you may have read, my purse and all of it's contents was stolen from me while I was at work on Monday, which was also my birthday, which seemed to make the theft that much worse. Anyhow, my husband, who doesn't understand my polish addiction, but supports it got me some new toys.  Two "Melmers" and a new spinning desktop organizer so I could bring some calm to the chaos that was my polish corner, lol. Here's some pics!

This was my "organization" before. It doesn't look it but there was a method to the madness, lol

This is after! :)

These are some of my sketches, and the picture my daughter's made me w/ my blog's name on it. The chain you see is part of a bracelet I have. I collect skeleton keys, and found the bracelet but it's too big for my wrist so, I decided to hang it.

And this was my splurge on myself for my birthday. A whole lot of Seche! :)
 Everything is so much more organized now, and I loves it. My husband's gift did keep my brain preoccupied long enough to put the "Memlers" together. Everything is starting to return to normal. Things are squared away with the bank, currently waiting for the reimbursement check from my employer. Since it happened while I was on the clock my boss say the company has a responsibility to it's employee. We'll see what happens with that.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Those melmers do look great. I am currently using one of the three drawer plastic ones like you have in your first picture, and it is quickly becoming a pain in the rear. I can only open one drawer at a time, and if I open the top I have to hold it so it doesn't tip over. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a big Seche bottle! What's the difference between a Helmer and Melmer? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a Melmer is from Michael's, a Helmer is Ikea. I don't have an Ikea around here, but I do have a Michael's, so that's what I went with

      Delete
    2. Ahhh, thanks for explaining! I have Helmer. It's great for polish, I put non-slip mats in mine because all the polish clattering together made a horrible noise every time I opened a drawer!

      Delete
  3. I was just looking at the large bottle of Seche Vite today. Debating getting it for myself for my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting it for a while now, and when Sally's sent me my $10 off $20 purchase coupon, I figured I'd finally get it!

      Delete